Feeling too busy to cook yourself a proper meal once you get home from work? Don’t have enough time? Wrong! Ditch the microwave dinners and frozen food and eat right! In under 10 minutes, you can have a NY Strip steak, sauteed mushrooms, and green beans ready. You’ll enjoy this WAY more than any microwavable food, and its really easy.
- 10 Minute Meal - Steak & Mushrooms with Green Beans
- A quick and delicious, easy meal to make on a weeknight
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1New York Striploin Steak
- 1servingGreen Beans Fresh
- 4wholemushrooms chopped thick
- Get a small amount of water boiling, and a frying pan up on High. 1 more pan up on High as well.
- Cut up mushrooms, nice and thick, and cut ends of green beans (if desired)
- Season steak with salt & pepper (feel free to add your own seasonings here as well)
- Put green beans into the boiling water, with some salt.
- Pick some Thyme, cut it up fine
- Oil into 1 pan, put your mushrooms into the pan, season with salt and pepper. Let them sit so they colour properly.
- Colander into the sink, drain the green beans. They are not fully-cooked yet. Let them steam in the colander for a few mins.
- Remove skin off some garlic. Check mushrooms to make sure the colour is coming along nice - Turn the pan down to medium
- Olive oil into HOT pan for steak. Oil will start smoking right away. Put in your NY Steak now.
- Check sear on the steak - Flip once desired colour is reached. Turn down the pan to medium when you flip the steak.
- Add Thyme to the mushrooms, and remove from heat.
- Put pot from Green Beans back on the heat (low), add some butter, throw your green beans in. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add a knob of butter to your steak pan, along with garlic, and some thyme.
- Check green beans, mushrooms and steak. Baste steak with butter using a spoon.
- Serve and Enjoy!