This dish combines the best of Italian and Mediterranean dishes. Fresh mussels along with San Marzano Tomatos to create a delicious dish!
- Tomato Mussels
- Fresh Mussels with Tomato Sauce & Penne
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2pound bagMussels Fresh
- 1canSan Marzano Tomatos
- 1onion Chopped
- 8-12Kalamata Olives Chopped - Pits Removed
- 4leavesBasil chopped
- Boil water - Don't forget to season it with salt. Add Penne when boiling.
- Chop onions and garlic. Begin sauteing them over medium heat
- Add can of San Marzano tomatoes to the garlic and onions. Don't forget to removed the 'butts' from the tomatos.
- Crush the tomatos with a spoon or fork.
- Add in some chopped based, and chopped Kalamata Olives.
- Add in the Mussels (cleaned of course), cover with lid.
- Once the mussels are all opened, turn off the heat, and begin shucking the meat out of the shells. Throw the shells away, keep the meat in the sauce.
- Add Penne to the mixes. Mix and serve.